It’s the largest organ of the human body, our protection against the environment, the case that guards every single inch of that whole composed of bones, muscles and more organs…our skin is our armor.
Yes, the skin is an organ, the largest one, as we said before, but sometimes we tend to forget how important it is to keep it not only clean but healthy. Even with clothes on, the skin is always exposed to everything, and although it’s not easy to detect always its deficiencies, we should know that a lot of internal problems in our body could be avoided if we take good care of that special body lining we have.
You should know that protecting the skin goes beyond using sunscreen and moisturizers, which by the way, are two very important practices that you should introduce into your skincare routine.
What we consume affects the skin, and what we drink affects it too. It means that a healthy and balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables and a lot of water, is determinant to have the skin you wish. Here are some quick and simple tips that could help you to take care of the story that your skin will tell:
- Determine your skin type to know what kind of products are better for you.
- Daily gentle cleansing: Limit your shower time, use warm and not hot water, and avoid strong soaps.
- Don’t smoke: Wrinkles, stains, and change of color are some of the consequences that smoking will have on your skin.
- Remove the makeup always with gentle products. Remember that your lips and the area around the eyes are very sensitive, and they need extra care and attention.
- An exfoliation routine at least once a week is essential to purify and clean your skin
- Remember that your whole body is covered by skin, and every part of it requires the same dedication from you.
Build a daily skincare routine. Once you start doing it, you will see the results. A brighter, healthier and softer skin will be your best reward.