The spring break is probably the first time we all feel that the new season is actually here. It is a well deserved time for us to rest, to spend time with family and friends, to prepare our clothes and outfits for the new season and to put in the back closet everything we won’t use for a while. It is the moment to start new projects.
One of those projects could be to have a healthier environment around us, and it includes not only the famous “spring house cleaning”, which is when we actually get rid of everything we don’t use, like or want anymore, but it also includes to start new routines, to establish new habits and to make the decision to be better in every sense.
So, the question is how to do that? How to have a healthier season without drama or trauma in the meantime? Fortunately, there are several ways!
Let’s begin with the basics. Once you decide what you want to keep and what you want to toss or donate, or just throw away, act immediately. Don’t think twice about that and don’t wait until you give it a second thought.
Of course the deep house cleaning is a must. Fill your home with fresh aromas, with spring colors and textures. It will give you and your space the energy you need to continue with the rest of the plan.
And here is the other part of the plan: imagine yourself being more energetic, more active, more motivated and why not, thinner and above all, healthier.
How to accomplish all that? Here are some easy tips:
- Organize your meals menu depending on the activities you will have during the day. It will take no more than 10 minutes of your morning (or night before), and it will give you peace and good results.
- Pack your own snacks if you have to be out of home. Include the season fruits and nuts (If you are not allergic), water, and some veggies like carrots or celery.
- If you are planning a trip, keep in mind that vacation is not synonymous of trash food or bad habits.
- Indulge yourself with the tastes you love, but do it in moderation.
- Physical activity is something that you need as part of your routine in order to stay healthy or become healthier. Choose whatever you like better. Maybe a gym is not the answer for you, but how about swimming, or running or bicycling?
- Talk to your family and invite everyone to join this new healthier chapter. Enjoy every activity and new meal plan with them.
Even though it might be difficult to break bad habits, is not impossible, especially when you think about the long term benefits that you and your loved ones can achieve.